If you are interested in exploring what the world of data analytics can offer to your department, downloading a trial copy of Tableau is a great place to start. Due to compatibility requirements with AggieDash, please make sure to download Tableau version 2018.2 Tableau's 14-day trial period will give enough time to familiarize your data analytics team with Tableau and decide on a path forward.
Under UC's licensing agreement (valid through December 2018), partners have two options for paying for Tableau:
|Subscription||One time payment of $1200 for the first year; $240 for every subsequent year.||Sample Perpetual Quote|
|Perpetual||Fixed yearly payment of $504.||Sample Subscription Quote|
For your copy of Tableau, please click here. Due to compatibility requirements with AggieDash, please make sure to download Tableau version 2018.2. For further questions about getting started, please contact our head Tableau representative, Mike Ramos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With hours of video and accompanying workbooks, the free Tableau Training and Tutorials page is a great place to start when getting familiar with the software. Topics include Getting Started with Tableau, Connecting to Data, Visual Analytics, Calculations and more. For tutorials specific to AggieDash and for tips and tricks that our Business Intelligence team has found useful and interesting, feel free to explore our Tableau Tips and Tricks page.
- How to upload the UC Davis Color Palette onto Tableau
- University of Oxford's Comprehensive Tableau Style Guide
- An excellent and comprehensive guide to designing Tableau dashboards.
- UC Tableau User Group's Guide to Color Theory
- University of California Tableau User Group's beginner's guide to color theory
- InterWorks' Guide to Visually Appealing Dashboards
- A quick and easy, one page reference for dashboard design principles.
- Tableau's Best Visual Practices
- Tableau's official and comprehensive tutorial on the best visual practices for making dashboards and using Tableau.